Due to the overwhelming response we received for My Mile for Hospice, we could not simply let it go. This summer, we are combining our virtual mile challenge with our traditional Swim A Mile event. Participants will have the option of completing their mile by swimming as a group as in past years, or they may select an alternate activity to be completed on a day and location of their choosing.
We invite both swimmers and virtual participants to join us on Saturday, August 7th for a continental breakfast and celebration at the beach. While fundraising may begin anytime after registration opens, this will be our official kickoff day. All participants will then have the rest of the month of August to fundraise or complete their mile. Prizes and top fundraisers will then be announced on September 1st.
Milers, both those swimming and those participating virtually, are able to pick up their Mile Packs prior to event day this year. Packs, which consist of your event t-shirt, drawstring bag, and gift, can be picked up from the Hospice office during regular business hours after July 1st, or they can be collected at the beach on August 7th prior to the Swim. Even if you participate virtually or pick up your Pack early, we still encourage you to join us on beach day if you’re able – our Swim A Mile challenge is truly a spectacle to take in!
- Swimmers register by August 7th to hit the water with us!
- Virtual participants may complete your activity any time during the month of August
- Register and start fundraising by using your personal fundraising page or however you are comfortable asking friends and family support you as you fundraise for Hospice of St. Lawrence Valley
- The event will “kick-off” on Saturday, August 7th when participants can pick up their My Mile Packs and turn in any money they’ve collected. Fundraising can continue throughout the month of August. Totals will be announced on September 1st.
- Be sure to take photos and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on Facebook @hospiceslv so we can show the community how many people are going the extra mile!